Borrowing / Renewing Books
All Aristotle University Library card holders are entitled to borrow books as follows:
|User Category||Numbers of Items||Loan Period||Renewals||Subscription|
|Undergraduate Students||4||15 days||2||none|
|PhD Candidates, Postgraduate Students||15||30 days||2||none|
|Adjunct Lecturers||15||30 days||2||none|
|Administrative Personnel||4||15 days||2||none|
|Hellenic Open University Students||3||15 days||1||none|
|Non-AUTh Faculty and Students (Greek Universities only)||3||15 days||1||30 € annual
20 € 6 month
|External Users||3||15 days||1||50 € annual
30 € 6 month
20 € 3 month
To renew books users may either call the Library or come to the Library in person having their library card with them.
School of English members (students, teaching staff, administrative personnel) and external users can issue a library card in the Faculty of Philosophy Subject Library.
- To issue a library card users need to present their academic identity card, their identity card or passport and fill in an application form on the spot. For the teaching staff, administrative personnel, Hellenic Open University students and external users a recent passport-size photograph is also required.
- Hellenic Open University students can issue a library card only in the Central University Library.
- External users can issue a library card in the Central University Library as well as in Subject Libraries of the University.
- The library card is strictly personal and is required for every transaction with the university libraries.
- All information kept by the Library concerning users is confidential.
Requesting / Recalling Books
Users can make a request for a book only if it is already checked out to another user, and they wish to borrow it as soon as it is checked in to the library. Requests can only be done electronically using AUTh online catalogue. To make a request for a book users will need their library card number and a four digit number (pin). Users who don't have a pin may consult the reference desk. If a user wishes to borrow a book already checked out to another user earlier than the due date, then she/he must make an online request as well as a recall, filling a recall slip at the reference desk.
Overdue books are fined with 0,30 euro per book per day for all user categories.
- Books On Reserve with loan type "3 days" can only be borrowed by postgraduate students.
- Books On Reserve with loan type "3 hours" cannot be borrowed. They can only be used inside the library.
- Reference Books with loan type "non loanable" cannot be borrowed. They can only be used inside the library.
- School of English students have a priority in using the reading room. Students from other departments may also use the reading room if there are free seats.
- Drinking, eating and smoking are not allowed in the library.
- Mobile phones should be kept switched off in the library.
- Wireless connection to the university network is available in the reading room of the Library. For more information please visit IT Center of AUTh website (in Greek)
- All terminals in the Library are connected to the Internet and can be used for searching the electronic sources of the University.
- The Library workstations can be used by:
- all university members for searching AUTh Online Catalogue (OPAC).
- students of the School of English for research on the World Wide Web.
There is a self-service photocopying machine in the library. A photocopy card is needed in order to use the photocopy machine. Photocopying cards can be purchased from the library reference desk.
Aristotle University Central Library offers a range of services to all university members.
- Applications for faculty
- Hosting events and educational actions
- InterLibrary Loan (ILL)
- Library Cards, Loans, Reservations
- Library training
- Printouts, Photocopies, Digitisations of Rare Books
- Rare and closed collections
- Reading Rooms, Computer Labs
- Reference Management Software (Refworks - Mendeley)
- Research impact metrics
- Scholarly Communication Services
- Submission of master theses and doctoral dissertations