The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) can be accessed via AUTh Library Unified Search Engine in the following address http://search.lib.auth.gr. The catalogue includes all the printed and some electronic books of all libraries of the University. It also includes the printed journals the University subscribes to as well as some journals the subscription to which has ceased but there are still available back issues.
Each record in the catalogue includes bibliographic information about the item as well as holdings information, that is, information on how to locate it. More specifically, holdings include the following information:
- the library or libraries in which the item is located,
- the call number of the item,
- its loan status,
- its loan type,
- the due date if the item is on loan,
- the volumes and the issues, each library holds, for journals.
When searching ebooks, using AUTh Library Unified Search Engine, users must perform the same search in the tab "Catalog" as well as in the tab "Articles, Journals" in order to retrieve a more complete list of the available resources. Searching each ebook publisher separately will give the best results.
AUTh Library Unified Search Engine (http://search.lib.auth.gr) searches the following databases:
- AUTh Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC), which includes all the printed and some electronic books of all University libraries as well as current and ceased subscriptions of printed journals.
- Collections of electronic books not available in AUTh Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC)
- Psifiothiki: AUTh Archive Collections, which includes digitised material from the University Rare Collections.
- Institutional Repository of Scientific Publications (ΙΚΕΕ), which currently hosts two collections:
- AUTh Faculty Publications, (includes scientific papers by AUTh Faculty and Research Staff, such as articles in journals and conferences, books, art and multimedia work, studies, etc.).
- AUTh Theses (Grey Literature) (includes doctoral dissertations, postgraduate and undergraduate theses submitted to the University).
- Prothiki: open access journals, which hosts open access journals published by AUTh Faculties, Schools, Departments, Laboratories, etc.
- Synedriothiki: conferences and scientific events, which hosts conferences and scientific events organised by AUTh Faculties, Schools, Departments, Laboratories, etc.
AUTh Library Unified Search Engine provides users the ability to:
- Search in multiple databases simultaneously (AUTh OPAC, Psifiothiki, ΙΚΕΕ, Prothiki, Synedriothiki).
- Search in all AUTh and HEAL-Link subscriptions of electronic journals using the same interface.
- Search by simple and advanced search options.
- Make use of personalised services.